Professional Golf Instruction
ALL INSTRUCTORS ARE PGA CERTIFIED
Meet The Pros
Jim Uremovich – Head Professional. Jim has been a golf professional since 1994 and became a PGA member in 2001. From 2005-2007 Jim was the Director of Instruction at Old South Golf Links, after which he was promoted to Head Golf Professional. He enjoys working with golfers of all abilities and especially enjoys working with juniors. Jim is available for private instruction as well as doing group lessons, which are scheduled by appointment only.
Ernie Hanewinkel – Assistant Professional. Ernie has been a PGA Professional since 1989. He began his career in Florida and moved to the Hilton Head area in 2012. His professional experience includes General Manager, Director of Golf and Head Professional. Ernie has had the privilege of teaching all ages and skill levels over the past 30 years of his career. His teaching objective is to “keep it simple and fun” while his students learn the game of golf. Lessons available by appointment only.
Greg MacDonell – PGA Teaching Professional. Greg began his professional career at Sea Pines Plantation Club in Hilton Head, SC. He transferred to Harbour Town Golf Links in 1984 and became the Head Golf Professional in 1987. In 1991, Greg started his own company, MacDonell Golf Management, a marketing and promotions business. In 2004 Greg returned to teaching and helped start the Golf School at Old South Golf Links in Bluffton, South Carolina. Greg’s teaching philosophy is “The set-up determines the motion”. Grip, stance, posture, alignment and ball position are the keys to a great set-up. All golfers are welcome!
2022 Customer Rates
|Season||Rack 7-12||PM 12- 3||Twilight||Multi-Play
2 Rnds/1 Player
|Jan 1 – Mar 13||$75||$60||$45||$129|
|Mar 14 – May 22||$99||$85||$70||$177|
|May 23 – Sept 11||$82||$67||$50||$139|
|Sept 12 – Nov 27||$89||$70||$55||$149|
|Nov 28 – Dec 31||$75||$60||$45||$129|
- All rates include Green Fees and Cart. Sales tax NOT included
- Range Balls are $8.00 per bag (appr. 35-40 balls in each bag)
- Club Rentals are $55.00 for 18 holes, $35.00 for 9 holes. Rentals include 1 sleeve of logo balls & tee pack.
Explanation of Rates
- Rack Rate – This is the full rate that a person would pay coming off the street or not staying with a hotel, rental agency, or business partner of Old South Golf Links.
- Local Rate – $62 plus sales tax. This rate is for full-time Beaufort County residents only. A valid current Beaufort County driver’s license is required to receive this rate and it applies only to the resident. In order to receive this rate a tee time can be made no more than 48 hours in advance and indicate you are a local resident.
- Multi-Play Specials – These are multiple round packages, which include two discounted rounds of golf. The same person must play these multiple rounds. A voucher with purchaser’s last name on it will be given upon payment for the first round. Only that person may redeem the remaining rounds. These vouchers cannot be passed to other players.
Please call the Old South Pro Shop at 1-(843)-785-5353 to reserve your tee times.